The important tool: The correct controls.
Precision in production
Optimum production controls are one of the most important tools for implementing a lean, inventory-optimized production system. In essence, everything is focused on reducing lead times – based on the smoothest possible operation of the production facilities.
- Maximum flexibility in terms of machinery and staff capacities (working time models and well-trained workers)
- Calculation of lean batch sizes in accordance with EPEI (Every Part Every Interval)
- Control of the product value stream at just one point
- Control of the manufacturing stream using Pull and FIFO-principles (First In – First Out)
- Material stream in the smallest possible slots and scheduled deliveries
- Integration of top suppliers